Sunday, January 22, 2012

Double-leaf in Colour


I decided to take the plunge and add colour to the double-leaf sprout.
My, but with what a pounding of heart and sickening of stomach I reached for my watercolours. Inevitability is sometimes a horrible feeling. I suddenly knew I was going to do it, and that there'd be no stopping me, for better or worse. Every subsequent mark was made with my heart in my throat.
I still don't know how I feel about it. The deeply private monotone drawing is gone forever, replaced by this other work, with which I have no choice, now, but to try and be friends!
I think we'll grow to like each other. For the moment we are staring darkly and suspiciously at one another across the room, like two stunned children on the first day at kindergarten.
Well, I, for one, am going to see what I can find up the street for some afternoon tea. It'll be good for me to step back out into the world for a bit.
And I've been a brave girl, this afternoon, so a chocolatey reward is in order.

1 comment:

  1. I do think I know what you mean about adding colour, and I loved this drawing before with all of the nuances of gray and smokey blue. With that said, the red is luminous and startling and, well, so beautiful. I'm having a wonderful time spending this morning looking through your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete