Friday, January 20, 2012

At Menzies Creek

There can be no child on Puffing Billy today who is as excited as me. It's twenty years since I last dangled my big feet out over the whizzing wildflowers and blackberries, waving at cars stopped at crossings and gardeners hefting debris onto bonfires.
Half an hour to go before we reach Emerald Lake.
I was sorry to forgo the studio, today; to leave my little jar of flowers in the dark for all these hours.
But I'm taking Puffing Billy to Emerald Lake, all by myself, with a thermos of coffee and a packed lunch, my diary, my novel, my ink and brushes. Could any thought be more glorious?








I snapped this at Menzies Creek station, where I stepped out to stretch my legs. I was struck by the reflection of the little girl in pink. I had no idea, till examining the picture, that the station master was watching...

Whoooooo-ooot!
Departing now for Emerald Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment